The underground village is relatively insulated and safe, but very little natural light reaches the living spaces. The Field Mice have developed a method of candle making which doesn't require heating a vat of wax. They wrap sweet-smelling sheets of beeswax around cotton wicking. Quicken the wick and wax with an intention as you roll it. Because each candle is so easy to make, you can perform this brief ritual on an as-needed basis. Each little candle sustains a bright flame for around 25 minutes.
Your candle kit includes instructions, 8 sheets of beeswax (measuring about 1.5 x 2.5 inches each), and wicking. To use your kit:
- Cut a length of wicking a bit longer than one side of a beeswax rectangle. (Either the long or short side will work.)
- Warm a sheet of beeswax in your hands.
- Press the wicking into wax at the edge of the rectangle. Make sure to leave a small "tail" of wick to light.
- Roll the wax tightly around the wick.
- Smooth the edges by pressing them with your fingertips.
- The candle can be mounted by simply pressing the slightly-tacky base into a holder or dish. Or add it to a cake!
Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Tiny Candle Supplies was featured in the Field Mice Box (December 2022).
Plate in photos is not included.
Shipping: Single items and non-box products ship for a flat rate of $7.00. Non-subscription products usually ship within 3 business days of purchase.
"If you have any issues with your purchase, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll personally do everything I can to make it right."
- Shannon, Birdmoss Curator and Liaison