In January 2022, subscribers met the Strange Child. This box was then re-released as a limited edition offering in November 2022.
As you continue to explore the Castle, doors swing open to admit you into a large drawing room. It is furnished with embroidered settees and marble-topped tables, but they are overrun with foliage. Flowering bushes have run rampant, climbing up the walls and stretching across the ceiling. Some – long unpruned – resemble trees: their limbs spread wide and catch at your clothes. You begin to wonder if you have stumbled outdoors into some abandoned walled garden.
The Strange Child Box includes an abundance of beautiful objects; a note from the Foxes; a reusable fabric wrap; plus a mysterious document and a lore card.
- Mysterious Document
- An instructional document is augmented with marginalia which will help you interpret clues. It is available only in the Strange Child Box.
- Lore Card
- The Strange Child is introduced in a full-color collectible 4x6 inch lore card.
- Revealing Ring
- You investigate the tables and sideboards, opening drawers in hopes of finding some food or drink for the Strange Child. You hear a rattle and a ring rolls towards you. Made of steel and copper, it offers protection; enhances your abilities; and allows you to stay calm in chaotic times. You adjust it to fit your finger, and everything appears clearer. Time slows, just a little. You look around and realize that when you close your left eye, the Castle is whole and pristine. When you close your right eye, you are in a tumultuous green glade.
- Language of Flowers
- Using your right eye, you shuffle through a side table. It's filled with all kinds of mundane items: throat lozenges, reading glasses, scraps of paper, pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. You find a book which may help you untangle the mystery which is playing out around you: The Language and Sentiment of Flowers. You can use its code to communicate in your world, as well.
- Pattern from a Tree
- You shift over to the wild glade, and the furniture recedes into tree stumps and boughs. Squinting, you gesture and pull forth one clean slice of pine. Its whorled pattern tells a tree's story and, you suspect the tree can tell the story of this place. Use it as a crystal grid or as an element in your practice.
- Warbling Bird
- You seek a distraction for the Strange Child and find a porcelain pipe in the shape of a bird. Fill it with water to hear its warbling whistle. You hand it to the child and she is quickly absorbed. She cups a flower in her hand. It grows large, blooms, and loosens. She folds the bird inside its petals.
- A Kit of Tiny Vials
- While she plays, you find a kit the size of a matchbox. It's small enough to hide in the palm of your hand. Inside are two vials.
- One holds green stones: peridot. It can help you open your heart, or perhaps even open a room in this place for the Strange Child.
- The other holds yellow jade. It offers you closure and confidence. You can use it to seal the membrane between the Castle and the mysterious glade. Or lock a door. Or perhaps to interpret and make sense of this Dream.
- Employ your slice of pine to amplify your work, aligning your chosen tools on its rings. It is time to leave the Castle.
One-time box purchases include shipping costs. They usually ship within 3 business days of purchase.
"If you have any issues with your purchase, please reach out to me at email@example.com, and I'll personally do everything I can to make it right."
- Shannon, Birdmoss Curator and Liaison
Bought this box as a gift for my daughter. She was intrigued by the description and couldn’t wait to open it.
She was truly impressed by the beauty and curation of the Strange Child box. She loved it!
Oh, how I loved this box. It was one of my favorites and I am so delighted that I purchased it. I would recommend this box and any others from Birdmoss. Thank you for the lovely work.
I enjoyed the box! The items are thoughtful and thought provoking and the writings enhanced the effect.
I sent this to a friend for Christmas. She absolutely loved it! She was confused about maybe missing something as she doesn't know if she figured out the mystery. I am unfamiliar with how the mystery is supposed to play out, and suspect that there is no 'solution'- but I do know that she was thoroughly enchanted with the beautifully written story that was woven into an enchanting mystery. Thank you, Shannon, for helping me send a little magic to my dear friend who appreciates a lovely story... and a mystery (?)!
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my daughter, who is 18, and she simply adores it! So whimsical and beautiful! Just like her!