In August 2023, subscribers met the Hummingbirds.
The Hummingbirds of Birdmoss survey the world from the air. When aloft, they are swift, agile, and athletic. They take a comprehensive view of any situation, darting from side to side and even flying backwards to see the big picture. Belonging to the air, they have a different sense of the world’s points and planes. Their very nests are diaphanous, woven of spiders’ silk and moss.
Although the Hummingbirds are tiny, they are dauntless and well-organized. Their whirring wings stir the Current
and purify the ether.
When the Moon is full, they hover around the dragon fruit cactus-trees, waiting for the brief window when the white and yellow flowers bloom. In this night-time ceremony, they gather nectar which will grant them stamina and fierceness.
The Hummingbirds Box includes an abundance of beautiful objects; hints and additions to expand the story; a mysterious document; and a lore card.
- Mysterious Document
- An instructional document is augmented with marginalia which will help you interpret clues. It is available only in the Hummingbirds Box.
- Lore Card
- The Hummingbirds are introduced in a full-color collectible 4x6 inch lore card. The artwork for this month's lore card was created by Joanna Rzepecka, a Warsaw, Poland-based illustrator. She says, "My work is inspired by biodiversity, mainly animals. Through my work, I'm trying to capture moments where nature is untouched by humans. Peaceful scenery, colors, and rough textures are some things that I enjoy the most."
- Clue from the Crows
- A single frangipani flower waits in your path. You see a glint inside and find a diminutive coin. It's a token from the Scarred Crow, hinting at your next encounter. Use it to encourage the flow of resources and capital: add it to a money bowl or carry it in your wallet. The Hummingbirds know that even tiny drops of nectar can sustain them, as long as the nectar continues to flow.
- Dragonfruit Sugar
- The Hummingbirds welcome you and invite you to join their planning. They are feasting on dragonfruit nectar, but this is a ceremony of preparation rather than celebration. They believe that dragonfruit feeds and protects the warrior within. Use your dragonfruit sugar to rim a glass, sweeten tea, or top baked goods.
- Flowers for Shielding
- The Hummingbirds find meaning in color. The hues of flowers, of fruits, and even their own feathers can signal certain properties. The color of the sky can be interpreted as an omen. You receive a roll of colorful rice-paper tape emblazoned with flowers. Use it to quicken a window frame, wrap a pencil, or seal a letter.
- Woven Bracelet
- Although the Hummingbirds do not travel between worlds as you do, they have some knowledge of the passageways that allow those travels. The ability to Dream into other worlds is mysterious and rare, but also powerful. This bracelet has been quickened with black tea to connect you with others who Dream into Birdmoss. It helps you tap into their collective strength and positive energy. Even when you are facing difficulties, there are kindred spirits sending you support.
- Wooden Fan and Essential Oil
- The Hummingbirds' airy magic is usually sufficient to disperse any pollutants, but they need your help to cleanse the creeping darkness. They give you tools for harnessing the power of the wind. Quicken your fan with a drop of lemongrass essential oil to waft a purifying breeze.
- Hummingbird Charm
- Your hand-beaded charm will remind you of all you learned from the Hummingbirds: the movement of air, the meaning of colors. Hang it in your home, workplace, or vehicle to invoke a resilient, hopeful energy.
One-time box purchases include shipping costs. They usually ship within 3 business days of purchase.
"If you have any issues with your purchase, please reach out to me at email@example.com, and I'll personally do everything I can to make it right."
- Shannon, Birdmoss Curator and Liaison
Everything in the box was wonderful I am trying to decide where to hang my beaded hummingbird.
Another thoughtful, delightfully imaginative journey into Birdmoss. All items are well-crafted.
Beautiful as always!