In July 2022, subscribers met the Frogs.
The Frogs are observers of birds, of leaves, of tides. They know that the number of Crows in the sky can indicate the strength of a coming storm. Plucking a flower’s petals reveals the best day for a wedding.
Every bloom, footprint, and lapping wave is a geometric signal. The Frogs' augury explicates the past and anticipates the future. Their insights demand courage. They find consolation in hallowed proportions. The losses of eggs; the seeds that fail to sprout; the loaves that do not rise: all are explained through comforting ratios.
Therefore, the Frogs are optimistic. Nature’s fecundity will always bring more. The gains will always offset the losses.
The Frogs Box includes an abundance of beautiful objects; a surprise that hints at the next box; a pressed daisy; a mysterious document; a note with scribbles from the Frogs; and a lore card.
- Mysterious Document
- An instructional document is augmented with marginalia which will help you interpret clues. It is available only in the Frogs Box.
- Lore Card
- The Frogs are introduced in a full-color collectible 4x6 inch lore card.
- At first, the swamp seems unnaturally quiet. You scan the landscape for life, then catch a small movement out of the corner of your eye. When you investigate, you find only a glossy stone. A moment later, you hear a faint croak and turn back to see two eyes regarding you. A large Frog leaps upon a cypress stump, and you squat down to introduce yourself.
- Snail Shell
- Soon, a dozen or so Frogs appear. You learn that they foretold your arrival by studying a snail shell. Given the opportunity, the Frogs will devour an unwitting snail. The remaining shell, with its mathematically perfect swirl, is handy for their augury. You are given a shell. Examine its tidy coils, its striations, its delicate chipped edges. Incorporate it into any practice which would benefit from greater insight.
- Soothing Mud
- In the afternoon, when the shade of the trees is diminished, the Frogs arrange themselves in the muddy water. You settle in beside them, digging your toes into the mud. They explain to you that different types of mud and clay can be used for various results. They present you with a specially-formulated powder which incorporates green clay and matcha tea. Reconstitute it to create a calming, cleansing face mask.
- Paper Bird
- Because of their geometric insight, the Frogs can fold a single uncut sheet of paper into all kinds of dimensional models. They often mutter blessings – or wishes – over the creases so that the resulting creation is more than the sum of its parts. Young Froglings learn this practice by rendering Frog-eating Cranes in paper form, while imbuing the folds with protective whispers. The resulting paper toy is is used as a protective ward against the much-feared Cranes. The Froglings have created a paper bird for you; they encourage you to trace its folds with your fingertip while naming protections against your own fears.
- Silver Ear Cuff
- After darkness falls, you listen to the call-and-response swampsong of the Frogs. They share the day's predictions and discoveries. Tonight, they sing about you. As midnight falls, they present you with one last gift: a tiny sterling silver earpiece, resembling the smallest among them. Wear it to hear their murmured advice and blessings, even in your own world.
One-time box purchases include shipping costs. They usually ship within 3 business days of purchase.
"If you have any issues with your purchase, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll personally do everything I can to make it right."
- Shannon, Birdmoss Curator and Liaison
How wonderful to be able to visit other denizens of Birdmoss in their natural habitat and take back with you special gifts from the Frogs, thoughtfully chosen for you!
The Frogs box was my first box! (I just signed up for a subscription, but this box was a one time purchase). I love the little Frog ear clip. I love the mystery of the box and the clues. Cant wait until I get my August box!!