In April 2022, subscribers encountered the Bees.
As spring arrives in Birdmoss, the Foxes set out to honor the Bees. The Foxes practice an herbal alchemy which relies on botanical ingredients. They recognize that the Bees are the custodians of abundance. Any foodstuff or textile that begins with a blossom, begins with the Bees. Their humming visits bring forth lavender, flax, cherries, chamomile. Finding a hive in a hollow tree, a Vixen walks a circle around its trunk. She rounds it three times: to thank, to hope, to bless. She bows her head for a moment and then proceeds, seeking the next hive.
The Bees Box includes an abundance of beautiful objects; a surprise that hints at the next box; a mysterious document; and a lore card.
- Mysterious Document
- An instructional document is augmented with marginalia which will help you interpret clues. It is available only in the Bees Box.
- Lore Card
- The Bees are introduced in a full-color collectible 4x6 inch lore card.
- Gleamy Token
- Like you, the Crows of Birdmoss are able to pass between worlds. The Scarred Crow has visited your world many times. She collected this coin years ago and has treasured it since. Now, she passes it to you, foreshadowing your next encounter. Deploy it to invoke abundance: carry it as a lucky charm or use it to initiate a money bowl.
- Packet of Flower Seeds
- Emerging from their dormant season, the Meadows are beginning to bloom again. Varied bursts of color will flare and fade through the spring, summer, and fall. The Bees move from flower to flower, growing dusty with pollen as they work. Plant these seeds to create a miniature Meadow in your world.
- Flight of Honeys
- In addition to pollinating the fields and forests, some Bees also create honey. They produce it in an infinite variety of colors, tastes, and scents, predicated mostly upon the types of flowers they visit. Explore and contrast three different honeys:
- Blackberry: lightest in color, with a subtle berry taste
- Wildflower: medium color, with variations created by different combinations of flowers
- Buckwheat: darkest in color, strongest and spiciest in flavor
In Birdmoss, blackberry and buckwheat are leveraged for prosperity. Random and fortuitous wildflower combinations are associated with lucky outcomes.
- Lip Balm: Beeswax and Chamomile
- This soothing balm combines several elements touched by the Bees, including chamomile flower oil and pure beeswax. It is comforting if you become wind-chapped on this breezy day in the meadow.
- Bee Revival Kit
- In the Meadows, the Bees are surrounded by plentiful flowers full of nectar. However, one Bee, buffeted by the wind, has become stranded on a sandy beach. Dream to the Far Shore to offer her sustenance.
- Bee Ring
- The Bees of Birdmoss commemorate your friendship with the gift of a silver-plated ring. This ring has been quickened with bee pollen to help you multiply your results. Wear it when gardening, writing, cooking, or managing money to support abundant outcomes.
One-time box purchases include shipping costs. They usually ship within 3 business days of purchase.
"If you have any issues with your purchase, please reach out to me at email@example.com, and I'll personally do everything I can to make it right."
- Shannon, Birdmoss Curator and Liaison