In March 2023, Birdmoss Box subscribers met the Meadow.
At the end of winter, as the accumulated snowfall melts away, the Meadow emerges flattened and gray. Chill gusts of wind have swept the colors out of the broken grass and fallen stalks.
However, as spring creeps into Birdmoss, the Meadow begins to brighten. The coughing rattle of last year’s seed pods is muffled by new sprouting growth. Rabbits anticipate dense patches of clover.
The Foxes survey the first green shoots as they emerge; they forecast the appearance of blossoms. The new blooms will be beautiful but transient. The Fire-Tender chooses an auspicious night and plans a ceremonial bonfire. Built upon dead kindling, it will call forth the wildflowers and their corresponding spirits. To the Foxes, the year is a series of windows that open and close; each day is impermanent.
The Meadow box includes an abundance of beautiful objects; hints and additions to expand the story; a mysterious document; and a lore card.
- Mysterious Document
- An instructional document is augmented with marginalia which will help you interpret clues. It is available only in the Meadow.
- Lore Card
- The Meadow is introduced in a full-color collectible 4x6 inch lore card. The artwork for this month's lore card was created by Joanna Rzepecka, a Warsaw, Poland-based illustrator. She says, "My work is inspired by biodiversity, mainly animals. Through my work, I'm trying to capture moments where nature is untouched by humans. Peaceful scenery, colors, and rough textures are some things that I enjoy the most."
- Spring Scene
- You follow the Rabbit into the Meadow. Small green shoots and flower buds have begun to emerge, and so have the Meadow's occupants. The Rabbits approach so you can touch their soft fur. Butterflies and birds bask in the pale sunlight. Your spring scene is a handmade layered wooden silhouette. It is a reminder to revel in nature's fleeting treasures, appreciating a ray of warm sunshine or a flower's brief bloom.
- Bluebird Greeting Brooch
- A few Bluebirds spot you and begin to chatter, excitedly spreading news of your arrival. An old story tells that the Bluebirds helped to create the rainbow by streaking the sky with color. Therefore, the Bluebirds feel a special connection to the flower-calling ceremony, which returns color to the Meadow. Wear your brooch when you wish to summon bright hues and joy into your everyday life.
- Mini Meadow
- Some seeds grow more quickly than others, like this salvia the Rabbits call "quicksage." The sprouts, which emerge in only a few days, resemble miniature clover. They are dense and springy to the touch. You receive supplies to grow your own little meadow. Use it to bring a spot of spring green to your desk, windowsill, or altar.
- Ceremonial Matches
- The Fire-Tender gives you some matches so that you can participate in the flower-calling ceremony. They are attuned to Iris, a spirit she works with frequently. Use your matches in rituals related to communication; rainbows, winds, and weather; and protecting the maligned.
- Wildflower Candle
- You receive a candle which has been quickened with dried flowers. Light it at dusk and call to the spring flowers. Invite them to reinvigorate the winter-bleached landscape. If winter has left you feeling desiccated, picture yourself rosy and covered in sparkling dew. (Always use appropriate safety measures and never leave a burning candle unattended. Remove the decorative flowers before lighting the candle.)
Bowl pictured in photos is not included.
One-time box purchases include shipping costs. They usually ship within 3 business days of purchase.
"If you have any issues with your purchase, please reach out to me at email@example.com, and I'll personally do everything I can to make it right."
- Shannon, Birdmoss Curator and Liaison
I adore Birdmoss. whether it be for myself or a gift to a friend. It is perfect in a magical, and wonder is so much more than I could’ve ever hoped for. whether it be for myself or a gift to a friend. It is perfect in a magical. It is so much more than I could’ve ever hoped for thank you for the creation of Birdmoss.
This was a gift sent to my sister in another state. While I did not actually see it, she was delighted, and thought it was ‘very sweet!’
Lovely little precious treasures arrived in exquisite packing. I felt like a pampered kid!
i loved this box so much. i keep looking over everything in it again and again. i can see why a lot of them are sold out. a wonderful treat
How auspicious! The Meadow box arrived on the Spring Equinox, bringing with it wondrous gifts: a mysterious document highlighting The Flower Calling Ceremony, a beautifully illustrated lore card, a charming laser cut meadow scene in a tiny matchbox, a mini-meadow, which I planted immediately to dispel the last vestiges of winter, white ceremonial matches, a vintage Bluebird brooch, a gorgeous flower studded candle, that smells reminiscent of a walk in a wildflower meadow and finally an art card, featuring a diminutive silver charm, heralding the coming of next month’s box…The Dragonflies.